Forces of the Saudi-backed Aden-based government have repelled an attack by the Houthis in the areas of Jabal Murad and Juba in the Yemeni province of Marib. The Houthi attack in teh area took place on January 9, just after the retreat of the group’s forces from several positions in the province of al-Jawf. In al-Jawf, Saudi proxies ambushed Houthi units in the area of Beir Aziz in the district of Khabb wa al- Sha’af.
Nonetheless, these tactical developments do not demonstrate that the Saudi-led coalition is in any way regaining initiative in the Yemeni war. The situation on the battle field still remains critical for Saudi-led forces.
A brief overview of the recent developments in Yemen:
- The Liaison and Coordination Officers’ Operations Room (loyal to Ansar Allah) reported 139 ceasefire violations in al-Hudaydah during the past 24 hours;
- On January 9, a car bomb explosion took place in the Khurmaksur district of Aden city;
- During the 6 years of war in Yemen 16,802 people including 3,753 children and 2,361 women were killed and 19,375 people including 4,036 children and 2,994 women were injured, according to the Commission on Human Rights in Yemen;
- On January 9, Al-Qaeda affiliated militants raided the Safer oil fields in the Marib province;
- On January 9, Saudi-led forces reportedly repelled an Ansar Allah attack on Jabal Murad and Juba districts.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
© 2007-2020, All Rights Reserved Ukraine|Algeria|Egypt|Libya|Morocco|News|W